Relationships are funny things. They can begin at any time, even when you least expect it! That's why we always welcome enquiries from the great and the good out there — people just like you who are looking for a fantastic place to ply their trade.
Here at our HQ in south Manchester, you'll find a relaxed working environment where drive, enthusiasm and good old fashioned, honest hard work are all rewarded with the genuine opportunity to develop a career within the hosting and IT infrastructure industry.
Flexitime, personal development and progression with real responsibility are all part of the deal at Teledata. And like many a modern workplace, we like to have a bit of fun as well!
Because any time is the right time when it comes to the right person, we don't necessarily advertise specific roles — however, if you're in account management, new business, cloud and product development we'd be delighted to hear from you. Email us at email@example.com.
Role: Data centre engineer
Datum Group is currently seeking a Data Centre Engineer to join the Operations team. The successful applicant will work within an operational team of six, based at Cody Technology Park in Farnborough.
Datum Datacentres has been delivering service-enhanced, cloud and carrier neutral colocation from its highly engineered London-edge data since 2012. Our datacentre (located within Cody Technology Park in Farnborough) is trusted as a secure environment for our clients’ business-critical IT and a carrier neutral provider of connections to networks and cloud service providers.
We acquired Teledata (a colocation data centre in Manchester) in 2022; our first regional bolt-on acquisition. The newly formed Datum Group now has colocation facilities in the two most economically active regions of the UK.
We have a track record of supporting our clients as they embark on revitalising their IT to meet market and competitive demands, delivering a proven platform for their digital transformation projects. We are trusted by an impressive and growing client list of organisations from the private and public sectors, serving vertical markets from finance and insurance through to IT security services, defence, and engineering, and including companies from the FTSE 250 and Fortune 500.
We offer an attractive package to potential applicants:
- Competitive base salary + variable and standard company benefits
- 25 days annual leave
- 1 day birthday leave
- Life assurance scheme
- 5 days annual study leave
- Contributory pension
- Income protection scheme
- Private medical scheme
• Monitoring and managing our data centre (on site and remotely) and responding to alerts and incidents in a timely manner.
• Monitoring and proactively managing requests for changes and incidents; issuing tickets within the engineering service desk call queue, along with telephone and email requests.
• Installing server racking, equipment and structured cabling as required, to support client deployment and ongoing operations.
• Implementing solutions for new clients and providing a high quality, responsive, technical remote hands service to live clients in response to inbound requests (and in line with contractual SLAs).
• Installing cables and understanding client-defined patching plans.
• Collecting deliveries, unloading pallets, transporting items for clients, maintaining client delivery inventory lists, and performing general data centre logistics tasks.
The ideal candidate:
This role is client-facing, so applicants should be personable, friendly, and highly organised. Excellent written and verbal communication are essential. Applicants should be comfortable communicating with a varied client base.
• Experienced in working in a data centre environment with a good understanding of the systems and infrastructure found within it.
• Strong understanding of data centre cabling and an in-depth knowledge of hardware concepts and physical component installations.
• Well-motivated, tenacious and very keen to learn and develop.
• Awareness and good understanding of accreditation processes.
• Demonstrable experience in delivering a high-quality client-centric service.
• Proficient IT skills and proficiency in MS Suite, particularly Word and Excel.
• Good understanding of data centre operations.
• Experience of working with data centre technical administration.
• Experience of structured cabling manufacture and deployment.
• Knowledge of working with a call ticketing system.
• A good understanding of server technologies and applications.
• A good understanding of networking, switching and routing.
• Proven knowledge of electrical power and IT cabling systems/standards.
• The successful applicant will be required to go through our high-level security vetting process prior to any employment agreement.
• Applicants should live within 30 minutes of Farnborough and must be available to participate in a one in three weekly on-call rota.
If you're interested in applying for a role with Teledata, please call us on 0161 498 1200 or send in your details using the form below.