Over the last year, we’ve seen unprecedented growth in cloud hosting services through our entire spectrum of offerings, but one of the least talked about is managed cloud hosting.
What is it?
Managed cloud is where the customer picks and chooses the IT functions that are to be managed by their in-house team, and the hosting provider then manages the rest for them. This provides a significant advantage to businesses that may lack the expertise to fully utilise a cloud hosting platform, making it easier to use cloud hosting when there could otherwise be limitations. By taking advantage of a hosting provider’s in-house team, you are able to focus on what you do best and still get the many benefits of cloud hosting.
What does this include?
Managed cloud services have a base infrastructure which is usually the very foundation of any cloud hosting offering, managed or otherwise. These include:
- System monitoring, alerts and reporting
- Database administration
- Developer support and training
- Architecture assistance
- DNS management
- Security and compliance management
- Backup and disaster recovery
- System admin and operations
This then opens up the client to the possibility of taking advantage of the following as optional with managed cloud:
- Application deployment, scaling and lifecycle chain management
- Management of Microsoft apps: SharePoint, Exchange email, etc.
- Ecommerce and digital experience platform management: Drupal, WordPress, Magento, Shopify, OpenCart, .net etc.
- Managed virtualisation on VMware/Azure/AWS
- DevOps automation tools
- OpenStack Private Cloud deployment and management
How could it work for my business?
In most cases managed cloud is outsourced by businesses to IT providers, not necessarily the hosting company, although that’s a service often offered. The IT provider will manage the process and infrastructure for the business as they would their day-to-day operations, spinning up a virtual machine when required, adding users, managing the databases etc. We do work with a number of large IT providers which have clients that take advantage of our award winning data centres and service teams while providing their clients with the best service available.
To find out more, get in touch with us on 0161 498 1200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.